Vol - 17, Issue - 06
About the Journal
Download [This article belongs to Volume - 17, Issue - 06]
Journal of the Austrian Society of Agricultural Economics (JASAE)
Journal ID : JASAE-08-08-2021-98
Total View : 664

Title : PREDICTING THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE PHILIPPINE NATIVE CHICKEN IN SAMAR
by Nemesio F. M. Napuran, Feleciano R. Bejar, Ryan Emil Zosa,
Abstract : A combination of specie distribution modeling (SDM) with geographic information system (GIS) was utilized to generate prediction models of habitat suitability from spatially generated presence points and environmental variables. Predicting the distribution of native chicken in the province of Samar used two GIS-SDM tools. DIVA-GIS was used to create a map of training data and convert eighteen bioclimatic variables obtained from WorldClim database into a file format compatible with the other software. MaxEnt (maximum entropy) was employed as the modeling algorithm. The training data and bioclimatic variables were auto-correlated thereby producing prediction model maps of native chicken distribution in logistic and cumulative formats. Seventy percent (70%) of the total presence points was used as the training data set and the other thirty percent (30%) as the test sample set. Tests showed that temperature and precipitation seasonality, and the precipitation on the coldest quarter have significant contributions to the model. This suggests that native chicken prefers drier and hot environments. Cold temperature and high precipitation are critical factors restricting the occurrence of native chicken in Samar

Our Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
Certificates
//